May 17, 2022
This week, Joy and Walker chat with
Tonya Papanikolov, Holistic Nutritionist, educator, founder and CEO
of Rainbo, a Canadian medicinal mushroom company. She is a graduate
of the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, holds a Bachelor of
Nutrition and Nutraceutical Sciences from the University of Guelph
and is a certified Reiki and Kundalini practitioner. She believes
that radiance starts on the inside by eating whole plant foods and
learning to interpret and listen to the wisdom of your
In this episode Tonya discusses
the connection she has with nourishing foods and her self-care
rituals to inspire others so they can experience health and
vitality. A major part of her healing journey included medicinal
mushrooms and her passion for their healing power led her to create
her own mushroom company in 2018. Her knowledge on the
interconnection between fungi and health is sure to empower
If you’ve been hearing a lot
about “adaptogens” and “functional” or “medicinal” mushrooms, but
aren’t quite sure what that means or how they work, then you won’t
want to miss this episode. Tonya shares the history and magical
healing powers of medicinal mushrooms in a fun, approachable, and
inspiring way that will have you ready to discover your very own
- Tonya’s morning practice that helps her start
the day feeling grounded and alert.
- How she transitioned from a night owl to an
- The power of ritual for creating lasting health
- The practices Tonya used to heal her illness
from mold in her home.
- How she coped with living in an environment
that was making her sick.
- The importance of trusting your body’s healing
- The magical encounter where Tonya first fell in
love with mushrooms.
- Her first hand experience with the miraculous
healing magic of mushrooms.
- How she felt called to create her mushroom
- The beautiful benefits of reishi
- The history of magical, medicinal mushrooms in
- Why Tonya wants to educate and change the
narrative around the power of mushrooms.
- The unique, combustible mushroom you’ve never
- Tonya breaks down adaptogens and how they work
in the body.
- The connection between mushrooms and
- Best mushrooms to support the nervous system:
cordyceps and reishi
- Tonya’s favourite spirit mushroom!
- The immune modulating powers of medicinal
- Lion’s Mane and the compounds it contains for
neuroprotection & focus!
- The importance of using mushrooms long term for
- What inspired Tonya to start her own mushroom
- Her advice to entrepreneurs just getting
- The story of her entrepreneurial
- Her best-selling functional mushroom
- The best process to access the nutrients inside
- How to choose the right medicinal mushroom for
- The king and queen of medicinal
- The unique difference between fungi and
- What to look for when choosing a clean mushroom
- Bioaccumulation: what is it and how do
mushrooms fit in?
Tonya Papanikolov’s Instagram
Rainbo Mushrooms’ Instagram
The Well Woman Co. Website
Join The Well Woman Community
Rainbo Mushrooms’ Website
Get 11% off Your First Rainbo
More about Joyous Health: