Jul 12, 2022
This week, Joy and Walker chat
with Stewart Brown, founder of the amazing, research-backed
supplement company Genuine
Health. He has been in
the natural health and supplement industry since he was 16 years
old and cannot imagine anything more important that he could have
dedicated his life's work to. He knows his company has the
opportunity to change people’s lives every day, and he takes that
responsibility very seriously. He is passionate about looking at
the latest research in nutritional science to drive innovation in
their products so that you can live a life of vibrancy and
In this episode Stewart
discusses how he got started working in the natural health field
and how that led him to open his own health food store in the mid
80s in the heart of the LGBT community in Toronto. Shortly after,
the HIV crisis hit and his store, Supplements Plus, was in the
heart of the epidemic. You’ll learn how this experience eventually
led to the creation of Genuine Health and his passion for educating
people on the simple pillars of wellness that create a foundation
for lasting health. After listening to this episode you will feel
inspired to make small, lasting changes so you can live your
healthiest and happiest life!
If you’ve been looking to
kickstart your own healthy habits and incorporate more nutrient
density into your diet, you won’t want to miss this episode! So
grab your favourite
cup of iced tea, settle
in with your notebook, and get ready to learn how to
- Stewart’s introduction to natural health and
how he got interested in this field as a teen.
- How the industry has evolved in the last 40
- The issues he had navigating the traditional
healthcare system as a teenager.
- How the world of natural health helped him
discover the root cause of his health issues.
- The importance of treating the root cause of
your issues and not the symptoms to achieve optimal
- Stewart’s experience running a health food
store in the LGBT community in the 80s during the midst of the
- How his store became a refuge for the community
at this time.
- His experience working with the AIDS Committee
- The importance of being educated on the
supplements and products you use to get the results you are looking
- What inspired him to create a line of products
that make a difference in people’s health.
- Stewart’s absolute favourite part of the
natural health industry.
- The interesting history and development of
- How sugar can impact mood.
- Why we need to build a strong foundation of
nutrition, movement, and love for health.
- The importance of simplifying, not
complicating, our approach to health.
- How Stewart transitioned from health food store
owner to developing and selling supplements.
- The research done at U of T behind
why greens+ makes people feel so
- How the polyphenols in greens+ help with bone
- The importance of eating the
- Health hacks to help balance blood
- How exercise, yoga, and meditation help Stewart
stay calm while running a highly successful company, Genuine
- Why some doctors are starting to recommend
nature therapy to their patients.
- How Genuine Health grew from 2 superpowered
products to over 80!
- The power of polyphenols, long chain fatty
acids, and probiotics for health and vitality.
- Why quality and human connection are the
drivers of all Stewart’s business decisions.
- How he creates products to fill gaps within the
- The way a nutrient rich diet + probiotics
impact children’s health and wellbeing.
- How soil microbes are great for human
Stewart Brown on Instagram
Genuine Health on Instagram
Genuine Health on Facebook
Genuine Health Website–use code GHJoyous20
to save 20% sitewide!
Genuine Healthy Kids with Joyous
GHJoyous20 to save
Town Hall Medicine Summit
Becoming Sugar Free by Julie Daniluk
Your Brain on Nature by Dr. Alan Logan & Eva M. Selhub,
More about Joyous Health: