Nov 1, 2022
This week, Joy chats with Josh
Gitalis, a Clinical Nutritionist who is a recognized expert in the
fields of clinical detoxification and therapeutic supplementation.
He runs a Toronto-based, private practice, with a worldwide client
base. As a leader in his field, Josh teaches Clinical
Nutrition for several natural
health colleges and is the first Canadian nutritionist to
become an Institute for Functional
Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP).
In this episode Josh shares his
wealth of knowledge on all things vitamin D from what it is and how
it functions in the body to the best ways to incorporate it into
your life. You’ll be amazed to learn how this humble nutrient
impacts everything from immune function to gut health to bone
density! After listening to this episode you’ll have all the
knowledge you need to start incorporating safe vitamin D
supplementation into your routine.
If you’ve been looking to learn
more about vitamin D and why we need it for vibrant, happy,
joyous health then you won’t want to miss this episode! So brew a
cup of your favourite tea, grab a pen and paper, and get ready for a
deep dive on this super nutrient!
- What vitamin D is and how it functions in the
- How our sex hormones are derived from
- Every cell in our body has a receptor for
- How vitamin D tells our cells how to
- Why vitamin D is still classified as a vitamin
instead of a hormone.
- The top health benefits of vitamin
- The role of vitamin D in modulating the immune
- How the digestive tract is impacted by vitamin
- What is intestinal permeability (or leaky gut)
and how it impacts overall health.
- The impact of vitamin D on bone and tooth
- The important relationship between vitamin D
- The connection between vitamin D deficiency and
- All about the blood brain barrier and mental
- How sun exposure creates vitamin D in the
- How your body multiplies the effectiveness of
vitamin D over time.
- Other major health benefits of sun
- A breakdown of the solar spectrum and how it
impacts the circadian rhythm.
- How sunscreen impacts the production of vitamin
- The best sunscreens to use.
- The importance of maintaining appropriate blood
levels of vitamin D to prevent certain illnesses.
- How to practice safe sun
- Other great sources of vitamin D to use
throughout the year.
- Why you typically can’t get enough vitamin D
- The importance of testing your vitamin D
levels, even if you get a lot of sun.
- What range you should look for in your blood
- The lag time between scientific proof and
- How to test your vitamin D levels in
- How vitamin D status can influence health
- Josh and Meghan’s informative website
The Vitamin D Hub.
- The best form of vitamin D to take for optimal
- Why not everyone needs to supplement with
- The importance of taking vitamin D with food
Josh Gitalis on Instagram
Work With Josh
The Vitamin D Hub
The Impact of Nutrition &
Lifestyle on Mental Health with Josh Gitalis
Today is the Day Podcast
with his wife and
nutritionist, Meghan Telpner
More about Joyous Health: